Well, November will be nice and bloody come Turkey Day and into December thanks to these three Arrow Video releases. If you’re not watching the sportsball games on that day, why not plop down on the sofa with some horror flicks to keep your eyes wide open after that high dosage of tryptophan and too much pie you’re eaten?
Here’s a look at what’s on the way:
THE INITIATION [Blu-ray] (11/8) SRP: $34.95
HERE’S TO BEING YOUNG… STAYING YOUNG… AND DYING YOUNG.
Marking TV star Daphne Zuniga’s debut in a leading role, The Initiation ranks among the finest of the college-based stalk-and-slash flicks – now finally restored in glorious High-Definition!
Kelly’s new sorority has a special initiation ritual in store for her – an after-hours break-in of her father’s department store. But what begins as a night of harmless college fun turns sour when, once inside the enormous mall, Kelly and her fellow pledges find themselves locked in for the night… with a deadly intruder stalking the corridors.
Arriving in 1984, The Initiation might have been late to the slasher party, but, alongside the likes of The House on Sorority Row and The Mutilator, it remains one of the stronger entries to emerge in the latter days of the slice-and-dice boom.
SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS
- Brand new 2K restoration from the original camera negative
- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation
- Uncompressed PCM Mono Audio
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- Brand new audio commentary by The Hysteria Continues
- Sorority Saga – a brand new interview with writer Charles Pratt, Jr.
- Pledge Night – a brand new interview with actor Christopher Bradley
- Dream Job – a brand new interview with actress Joy Jones
- Extended Scene
- Original Theatrical Trailer
- Original Screenplay & Production Schedule (BD -ROM Content)
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Justin Osbourn
First pressing only: Collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film by critic James Oliver
More below the jump… that’s where they belong, mua-ha-ha-haaaaa…