Okay, my poor wrists were acting up a bit yesterday, so I had to cut my Microïds article short in order to get a few other posts out before things got ugly. Here’s what else is upcoming from the publisher:
Both classics have gotten separate releases already, but here’s a chance to nab a twofer starting on November 21, 2019. As reported here, the collection features the originals and their modern remasters that capture the look and feel of their counterparts with updated visuals that aren’t far off from the source, yet add a nice coating of newness to the experience. By the way, the games aren’t sequels to each other. They did help pioneer a certain look and have similar themes, though.
New content and new features:
- For the first time, play the Director’s Cut version (2 exclusive cut scenes)
- White or pink? Choose one of the two historic colors of Conrad’s T-shirt
- Play any level you’ve completed during the adventure
- Replay the cut scenes you’ve watched during the adventure
- Jukebox: enjoy the game’s music on demand
- Street Art Gallery: earn points during the adventure to unlock images
- Graphics filter and Post-FX
- Remastered music and sound effects
- A brand new “Rewind” function which lasts for different lengths of time, depending on the difficulty level
These are worth a look because of the history behind them and yes, indeed, both are pretty hard as nail on the default settings until you get the timing down perfectly.