I’d actually heard of GameTomo and GameCrafter Team’s Project Nimbus: Code Mirai a while back when poking around on the PlayStation Store looking for stuff I hadn’t yet tried. That mix of Mobile Suit Gundam, Macross, and Ace Combat the description promised caught my eye (ow) and as my backlog was a bit overstuffed, I wishlisted the game for later.
Interestingly enough, a friend had picked it up last week for his PS4 and just so happened to invite me over to check the game out which proceeded to knock me for a few loops at how polished and thrilling it was. So, here we are, looking at news that there’s a Switch version on the way that has all four chapters plus additional content set for a May 16, 2019 launch.
Here’s a teaser to whet that mecha-craving appetite of yours:
As to what’s in that download, folks – well, a mere $19.99 (plus tax) gets you the following content:
PROJECT NIMBUS: COMPLETE EDITION FOR NINTENDO SWITCH™
Platform: Nintendo Switch
Genre: Action, Mecha
Developer: GameTomo and GameCrafterTeam
Release Date: May 16, 2019 (Switch)
Supported languages: English, Japanese
With its intense high-speed dogfights in mech-based ‘Battle Frames’, Project Nimbus: Complete Edition, is the definitive Mecha battle game for Nintendo Switch™!
Inspired by the Gundam, Macross and Ace Combat series, the game features vibrant graphics, blistering action and an epic storyline with battles over floating cities, vast oceans, and the reaches of outer space. Fly a variety of mighty Battle Frames fully loaded with missiles, energy blades, psychodrones, particle cannons and more in intense and relentless in-air combat.
The four act storyline of Project Nimbus details the violent clash of three different factions over a war-torn futuristic Earth. Endless Survival and special Warfront Mode feature additional Battle Frames and mission types.
Fly the most advanced Battle Frames ever created through a series of breathtaking environments, from ocean fortresses to cloud filled skies to the blasted ruins of Earth’s greatest civilizations.
Continue the story of Mirai, UCN, CFN and the Children of Fallen Nations as the fight for peace on Earth continues, ending in an epic battle for the salvation of humanity.
Project Nimbus Key Features
- High-speed battle action, piloting heavily armored Battle Frames through the war torn skies.
- Twenty-six missions in a variety of locations, including floating cities, ocean fortresses, mountain bases, futuristic prisons, and battles in space.
- Over a dozen playable Battle Frames with weapons including smart missiles, energy blades, particle cannons, floating energy shields, railguns and autonomous psychodrones.
- A sprawling storyline with battles between three different factions over a war-torn futuristic planet: the US-lead CFN, the Russia-led UCN, and the shadowy terrorist Children of Fallen Nations.
- Complex bosses each with a unique fighting style, including orbiting nuclear battle mechs, bands of deadly pilots, and weaponized flying ships.
- Missiles, rail guns and cannons for long range combat…energy blades and blade rushes for melee!
- Bonus Survival Mode lets you choose from an entire hangar of Battle Frames, and then you must battle endless waves of enemies with increasing power.
WARFRONT mode includes massive replayability with six unlimited mission modes including Base Defense, Interception, and Assassination. Six levels of pilot (including Legendary) and Battle Frame customization will keep you playing for hours more.
In terms of content, that price point is excellent as you’re getting what’s looking like a good deal of game for that low price point. We’ll have to see how well the game performs in both docked and handheld mode, so the patient wait for a review code begins as soon as I finish this post.