French developer Enigami has been hard at work on its Action/RPG SHINESS: The Lightning Kingdom for about three years now and with publisher Focus Home Interactive set to bring the game to eager PC, PS4 and Xbox One owners later this year, it’s time to take a look at it in one big video and image gallery. Here’s the most recent gameplay trailer, or more precisely, a story trailer presented at Gamescom 2016:
More action abounds in this earlier gameplay trailer:
But, wait… there’s more!
About The Game
Shiness is an Action-RPG developed by French independent studio Enigami, that will take you on a journey through an enthralling universe, on the verge of collapsing following the fragmentation of planet Mahera…
Play as Chado and his companions, traveling through the celestial islands on their flying ship. After a crash-landing on one of the most hostile of the celestial islands, you find yourself in the middle of a conflict involving multiple kingdoms. However, this explosive situation might find a peaceful outcome, with Chado’s newfound unique ability to perceive and communicate with the Shiness, a mysterious spirit imbued with magic.
– Travel through an enthralling and interactive world as Chado and his 4 companions, and develop your characters.
– Hyper-dynamic combat, mixing magic with fighting games combat mechanics (hits, combos, parry, etc…)
– Develop 2 types of skills (physical attacks and magic) and unlock new talents and spells
– Explore a vast world with multiple environments, that you will interact with thanks to you and your companions’ special powers and skills.
– Numerous quests and side-quests will give you the opportunity to develop your characters and their reputation.
Screenshots inbound in handy video form:
This does look mighty pretty, but I’m holding out for preview or review code before making any sort of temporary to final verdict. That said, given the love Enigami has put into what’s here so far, the game should at least be memorable as a first major effort.